My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Saturday With Myrt by Cheri Hudson Passey on the Carolina Girl Genealogy blog. Cheri describes the recent local society Hangout with DearMYRTLE and Cousin Russ.
* Serendipity by Alicia Crane Williams on the Vita Brevis blog. I love blog posts with deeds and probates and a mystery researched in the wee hours.
* TUESDAY’S TIP ~ How to Save a Book from Archive.org to Evernote or Your Computer by Diane Gould Hall on the Michigan Family Trails blog. Diane shares her process.
* Becoming a Professional Genealogist: My Journey – Part 2 by Eileen Souza on the Old Bones Genealogy blog. Good advice and example from Eileen.
* Genealogy Hack: Hunt for Neighbors by Devon Noel Lee on A Patient Genealogist blog. Devon succeeds in finding an elusive ancestor.
* Beyond the "Failed" Portfolio by Darcie Hind Posz on the BCG Springboard blog. Darcie reviews her journey from failure to certification. It's not an easy journey.
* Truth and Accuracy and Your Role as a Storyteller by Laura Hedgecock on the Treasure Chest of Memories blog. An excellent article, Laura.
* It Takes Time by Peggy Clemens Lauritzen on the Always Anxiously Engaged blog. Well, only if you do it well.
* NewspaperARCHIVE.com Collection Notice on the MyHeritage Blog. This is bad news for MyHeritage users - maybe they will reach an agreement soon.
* What? Wait! You’re Telling Me There Are No Indexes!? by Michelle Chubenko on the Jersey Roots Genealogy blog. Michelle reviews what vital records re available in New Jersey.
* Resurrecting My Grandfather by Melvin Collier on the Roots Revealed blog. Melvin describes the magic of Lazarus on GEDMatch. Fantastic DNA tool.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 17 June 2016 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time blog.
* Recommended Reads by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds for 17 June 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- June 18, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 18 June 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1590 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/06/best-of-genea-blogs-12-to-18-june-2016.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.