Jill Ball, on her Geniaus blog, has created another genealogy meme for geneabloggers, and readers, to think through and respond to.
Here are the rules, the list, and my responses:
The list should be annotated in the following manner:
Things you would like to do or find: Bold Type (I'm going to use Bold Red)
Things you haven’t done or found and don’t care to: plain type
You are encouraged to add extra comments after each item
- The genealogy conference I would most like to attend is... NERGC (New England Regional Genealogical Conference)
- The genealogy speaker I would most like to hear and see is... this is hard, I've seen quite a few now in person and on webinars. I'll go with Claire Bettag
- The geneablogger I would most like to meet in person is... Michael Hait
- The genealogy writer I would most like to have dinner with is... David Lambert (of NEHGS)
- The genealogy lecture I would most like to present is.... "Solving the Thomas J. Newton Puzzle" (my biggest brick wall ancestor)
- I would like to go on a genealogy cruise that visits.... England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany, Holland...
- The photo I would most like to find is... the gravestone of Thomas J. Newton in a cemetery full of Newtons, all with dates and relationships
- The repository in a foreign land I would most like to visit is... The National Archives in London
- The place of worship I would most like to visit is... the Pilgrim's church in Leyden, Holland
- The cemetery I would most like to visit is ...... wherever Thomas J. Newton is buried
- The ancestral town or village I would most like to visit is...... wherever Thomas J. Newton was born
- The brick wall I most want to smash is... um, Thomas J. Newton (ca 1795-ca 1840)
- The piece of software I most want to buy is.... one that creates perfect, standard reports, books and charts with immaculate source citations (and fixes mine automatically)
- The tech toy I want to purchase next is ..... a Notebook computer
- The expensive book I would most like to buy is... Evidence! Explained (I have the first edition in a PDF format)
- The library I would most like to visit is..... Family History Library in Salt Lake City, over and over
- The genealogy related book I would most like to write is.... "Breaking Down My Brick Walls One Record at a Time"
- The genealogy blog I would most like to start would be about.... the Seaver/Sever Family
- The journal article I would most like to write would be about... "Solving the Devier J. Lamphier Smith Adoption Problem" - sometime after I actually do it!
- The ancestor I most want to meet in the afterlife is.... Devier J. Lamphier's birth father.
Is there anything else on your Genealogy Bucket List?
Thank you for asking, Jill:
* Being on Who Do You Think You Are? as a researcher, or a subject.