Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* More Than You Might Want to Know About Birth Records by Denise Levenick on The Family Curator blog. Denise looks at identification requirements and birth records.
* Seriously, Not Everything is Online by Marian Pierre-Louis on the Marian's Roots and Rambles blog. Marian reports on first-hand experience in finding hidden records in a local library.
* Busted: Cashiered and conscripted by Judy G. Russell on The Legal Genealogist blog. Judy analyzes a reader's question about why an officer would be cashiered and then conscripted.
* Problems with AncestryDNA's Genetic Ethnicity Predication? by Blaine Bettinger on The Genetic Genealogist blog. Blaine discusses complaints from AncestryDNA testers and his own genetic ethnicity results.
* Does Accuracy in History Matter? The Case of 'American Tapestry" and Michelle Obama's Ancestors by Megan Smolenyak on her Huffington Post blog. Megan thinks accuracy does matter, and I agree.
* Where do you begin a genealogy story or blog post? by Caroline M. Pointer on the BloggingGenealogy.com blog. Caroline has twelve suggestions - do you do this?
* Get On Board the Great Valley Road by Bill Dollarhide on Leland Meitzler's GenealogyBlog. This is an excellent summary of migration trails in colonial America.
* Sticky Notes by GeneJ on the They Came Before blog. GeneJ's discussion of birth date conflicting evidence is interesting.
* Probate Files: Little Things Add Up, Pt. 1 by Chris Staats on the Staats Genealogical Services blog. Chris analyzes a probate file to try to sort out several persons of the same name using signatures.
Several genea-bloggers wrote weekly pick posts and news summary posts this week, including:
* Monday Morning Mentions by Lynn Palermo on The Armchair Genealogist blog.
* Notable Genealogy Blog Posts, 18 June 2012 by Michael Hait on the Planting the Seeds blog.
* Ruth's Recommendations by Ruth Blair on The Passionate Genealogist blog.
* Best from the Blogs by Michael Leclerc on the Mocavo Genealogy Blog.
* Genealogy Round Up, June 21 by Megan Smolenyak on Megan Smolenyak Smolenyak's Roots World blog.
* Genealogy News Corral, June 18-22 by Diane Haddad on the Genealogy Insider blog.
* Friday Finds - 6/22/12 by Julie Cahill Tarr on the GenBlog blog.
I encourage readers to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Google Reader, RSS feed or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1250 genealogy bloggers using Google Reader, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2012/06/best-of-genea-blogs-17-to-23-june-2012.html