Here is the result:
Here are the screens I used to create it:
1) In Family Tree Maker 2014, highlight the selected person for the pedigree chart in the Tree or Family View in the "People" Workspace.
2) Select the "Publish" Workspace and the the "Pedigree" Chart in the "Collection" View. click on the "Create Chart" button on the right-hand panel.
3) That opens the Pedigree Chart Preview page and you can do all of your "creative work" on this page. It will probably open being all black and white.
4) There is a row of icons at the top of the right-hand panel under "Pedigree Chart Options." The icons from left-to-right are:
* Items to Include (e.g., Name, birth, marriage, death) - select from list to add (use + sign)
* Fonts (for each item, and chart title) - select size, color, effects
* Box and line styles - boxes, chart border, pedigree and divider lines
* Header/footer (used default)
* Insert image or text box (not used)
* Page setup (use default)
* Save settings
* Use saved settings
* Save chart
There are fields below the icons for the:
* Chart title - I typed it in
* Layout - used Book
* Overlap - used Only Root Overlaps
* Spacing - used Collapsed
* Align nodes - used Top
* Generations - selected 5, and 5 to a page
* Background (browse from computer to select) - used a headshot photo
* Background Transparency - selected 30%
* Pictures - none
Below those fields there are several other options.
5) Here is the Items to Include window that I used:
5) And the "Fonts" window:
6) And the "Box and Line Options" window:
7) Over on the right side of the screen, you can see the different options I selected in the fields:
8) As I added changes, the updated preview picture showed in the left-hand side of the page.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/04/dear-randy-how-did-you-make-that.html
copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver