My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* 8 Weeks to Better Rhode Island Genealogy Research – Week 5 – Town Records, Histories and Newspapers by Diane Boumenot on the One Rhode Island Family blog. Diane continues her excellent series with resources for Rhode Island towns.
* Young Genealogists and Your Society by someone on The NextGen Genealogy Network blog. This post provides seven strategies for society success.
* New GeneaGem: ArchiveGrid by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog. Linda explores this website for family resources.
* Charging for (Genetic) Genealogy Services by Blaine Bettinger on The Genetic Genealogist blog. Blaine provides a compelling argument.
* Elizabeth Shown Mills: How Long Do You Have to Practice Genealogy Before Becoming Certified? by Elizabeth Shown Mills on the BCG Springboard: News and Notes blog. An interesting article.
* Communicating with Hand Fans by Sheri Fenley on The Educated Genealogist blog. Fascinating! Now I'm wondering if my grandparents or earlier ancestors used this communication method.
* Using Archives to Fill the Gaps in Your Ancestor's Timeline by Melissa Barker on A Genealogist in the Archives blog. Great advice!
* Column -- The Future of Genealogy by Yvette Hoitink on the Dutch Genealogy blog. A different view - it sounds interesting.
* My Favorite Tech Things for Genealogy by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog. Linda likes these tech devices and tools.
* New at GENI -- Descendant and Ancestor Lists by Kitty Cooper on Kitty Cooper's Blog. Kitty suggested these and they were created. Cool.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 24th June 2016 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time blog.
* Recommended Reads by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds 24 June 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- June 25, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 25 June 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (June 25, 2016) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1590 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/06/best-of-genea-blogs-19-to-25-june-2016.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.