My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or arepoignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Presidents' Day Genealogy Trivia by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog. Who knew?
* RootsTech 2017 Session Videos Now Available by Thomas MacEntee on the GeneaBloggers blog. You can watch these at your leisure.
* DNA Testing: Seven Guidelines for Adoptees by Richard Hill guest-blogging on the MyHeritage Blog. Good advice from someone who has done it.
* Revolutionary Privateering by Nancy Bernard on the Vita Brevis blog. Nancy reviews this topic from the Revolutionary War time.
* Passionate Genealogist is Core - Tim Sullivan at #RootsTech by the writer of The Ancestry Insider blog. This is a blueprint for the near future of Ancestry.com.
* DMF — How Did The Congress Get So Far Off Track? by Fred Moss on the Records Preservation and Access blog. Good analysis and commentary.
* RootsFinder - a New Online Family Tree by David Taylor on The Family Nexus blog. David reviews this new online family tree program.
* The Biological Father of My Foundling Ancestor? by Tree Jensen on the Resurrecting Roots blog. This is a fascinating study and detective work.
* Doleri or Doten? Why It Is So Important That We View Actual Records and Not Just Transcripts by Diane Gould Hall on the Michigan Family Trails blog. Diane persevered and found the answer.
* Endogamy and DNA by guest blogger Paul Woodbury on Kitty Cooper's Blog. Paul explains it.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 24th February 2017 by Crissouli on the That Moment In Time blog.
* Friday's Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Brsnches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds: Week 8 - 2017 by Martin Roe on the Norwegian Genealogy and then some blog.
* Friday Finds 24 Feb 2017 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- February 25, 2017 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (February 25, 2017) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/02/best-of-genea-blogs-19-to-25-february.html
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.