The extracted information from this record is:
* Serial Number: 1851
* Order number: 326
* Name: Severt Oliver Leland
* Permanent Home Address: 182 Chattanooga St., S.F., Cal.
* Age in Years: 39
* Date of Birth: August 2, 1879
* Race: White
* U.S. Citizen: Native born
* Present Occupation: Clerk
* Employer's Name: United States Navy Pay Office
* Place of Employment or Business: First National Bank Building, San Francisio, S.F., Cal.
* Nearest Relative: Amelia Leland
* Address: 182 Chattanooga St., San Francisco, S.F., Cal.
* Description of Registrant - Height: Tall
* Description of Registrant - Build: Medium
* Description of Registrant - Color of Eyes: Light Brown
* Description of Registrant - Color of Hair: Brown
* Has person lost an arm, leg, hand, eye, etc.: No
* Date of Registration: September 12, 1918
* Stamp of Local board: Local Board 4, 85 Cerritos Ave., S.F., Cal.
The source citation for this record is:
"World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918," indexed database with digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 29 May 2012), Draft Board 04, San Francisco, Calif., Severt Oliver Leland entry, 12 September 1918.
This record lists the birth date as 2 August 1879, while the California death index record says 2 August 1878. I don't have any other record for his birth date. The 1880 U.S. census says he is one year old, with a sister 7 months old, which would indicate Severt was probably born in 1878. Later census records imply 1879.
Severt Oliver Leland (1878-1940) is my wife's paternal grandfather, who was born in Wisconsin and died in San Francisco. He married Amelia Anna Brocke on 12 February 1904 in Helena, Lewis and Clark County, Montana. They had four children born in Montana between 1904 and 1911, and one born in San Francisco in 1915.