My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Monday Mailbox: Find A Grave by the writer of The Ancestry Insider blog.
* Jessica Biel – A Follow-up: DNA, Native Heritage and Lies by Roberta J. Estes on the DNAeXplained -- Genetic Genealogy blog.
* This Land is My Land! by Peggy Clemens Lauritzen on the Always Anxiously Engaged blog.
* Four Reasons Why the 1910 Census is My Favorite by Amie Bowser Tennant on The Genealogy Reporter blog.
* Are Family History Centers returning their microfilm to FamilySearch? by James Tanner on the Rejoice and be exceeding glad... blog.
* Identifying Your Mexican Immigrant Ancestor's Hometown by Colleen Greene on the Colleen Greene blog.
* On the Frontlines of the Law by Judy G. Russell on The Legal Genealogist blog.
* Immigrant Name Changes by Larry on the Family Roots and Branches blog.
* Finally! A GedMatch Admixture Guide! by History Chick on the Genealogical Musings blog.
* Jolly Times at WDYTYA 2017 by Anne Morddel on The French Genealogy Blog.
* Who Do You Think You Are? Live Day 1 and Days 2 and 3 by Janet Few on The History Interpreter blog.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 7th April 2017 by Crissouli on the That Moment In Time blog.
* GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 7 April 2017 by Jill Ball on the GeniAus blog.
* Friday's Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* High Fives - April 7, 2017 by Dianne Nolin on the Genealogy: Beyond the BMD blog.
* Friday Finds: Week 14 - 2017 by Martin Roe on the Norwegian Genealogy and then some blog.
* Friday Finds 7 April 2017 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog..
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- April 8, 2017 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (April 8, 2017) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/04/best-of-genea-blogs-2-to-8-april-2017.html
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.