So, here are the rest of my "character" findings -
1) Ebenezer Scroggs (1850, Harrison County OH) is as close to Ebenezer Scrooge as I can get.
2) Robert Crachet (1880, Scott County AR). Another Robert Crachet flew into NYC from Paris on Air France on 2 Aug 1956 - maybe to perform in a play on Broadway?
3) Three Grinch brothers (Charles, John and Lenwards) came into NYC on 6 September 1875 aboard the "Egypt" There is no word if they came to steal Christmas. Obviously, if they did, they failed.
4) There is a Jasper Magi and Baldermo Magi (1930, Fairfield County CT) but no Melchior; there are Gaspar Wiseman (1930, Queens County NY) and Melvin Wiseman (1930, Muskegon county MI), but no Balthasar or similar.
5) There are 18 Harold Angel persons in the 1930 census. No Hark Angel, however.
6) Sila Knight (1870, Randolph County, AL) is the closest to Silent Night I could find. Lots of Silas Knight people.
7) There are 3 Noel Noel persons in the 1930 census.
8) Angel Angel (1930, Maricopa County AZ) is one of the repeating angels.
9) There are two Merry Christmas girls in the 1930 census (there are lots of Mary Christmas females too).
10) Holly Bush (1930, Roanoke County VA) sticks out.
11) Christ Tree (1930, LaPorte County IN) probably extended his branches
12) Jessie Manger (1930, Polk County IA) parents were not Joseph and Mary
13) Then there are Santa's reindeer: Were they:
You know, if Bah Morgan (1900, Stephenson IL) had married Cecil Humbug (1900, Delaware County PA) we would have had more Humbugs than we would know what to do with.
I'm wondering if Alvin Monk (1930, Schoharie County NY), Simon Monk (1930, Lonoke AR) and Theodore Monk (1930, Cotton County OK) really got together in 1958 to sing The Chipmunk song. I guess they were a figment of Ross Bagdasarian's imagination.
OK, I'm done, but I wanted to get those out in the blogosphere before someone beat me to it.
What other Christmas related names are there? C'mon, lay them on me.