It's Surname Saturday, and I'm "counting down" my Ancestral Name List each week. I am up to number 193, who is the mother of #96 Martin Carringer, whose name I don't have a clue about! Number 195 is the mother of # 97 Mary Hoax, who I ave no clue about. #197 is the wife of #98 Stephen Feather, whose name I don't know (another FNU LNU). #199 is the mother of the wife of #98 Cornelius Feather, who is another FNU LNU. Finally, #201 is Maria Magdalena RITTER (about 1706 - about 1784), another of my 5th-great-grandmothers. [Note: The 5th great-grandfathers have been covered in earlier posts]
My ancestral line back to Maria Magdalena RITTER is:
2. Frederick Walton Seaver (1911-1983)
6. Lyle Lawrence Carringer (1891-1976)
7. Emily Kemp Auble (1899-1977)
12. Henry Austin Carringer (1853-1946)
13. Abbie Ardell "Della" Smith (1862-1944)
24. David Jackson Carringer (1828-1902)
25. Rebecca Spangler (1832-1901)
50. John Daniel Spangler (1781-1851)
51. Elizabeth King (1796-1863)
100. Rudolf Spangler (1738-1811)
101. Maria Dorothea Dinkel (1748-1835)
200. Johann Balthazar Spengler, born 29 November 1706 in Weyler, Hilsbach, Rhine, Germany; died 1765 in York, York, Pennsylvania, United States. He was the son of 400. Hans Rudolf Spengler and 401. Marie Saeger. He married 29 April 1732 in Weyler, Hilsbach, Rhine, Germany.
Edward W. Spangler, The Annals of the Families of Caspar, Henry, Baltzer and George Spengler, who settled in York County, respectively, in 1729, 1732, 1732, and 1751 : with biographical and historical sketches, and memorabilia of contemporaneous local events (York, Pennsylvania : York Daily Publishing Company, 1896).