1) Who Do You Think You Are? (NBC, 8 p.m. EST, PST, 7 p.m. CST, MST) -- This week the celebrity is Martin Sheen (it is a re-run from Week 1).
You can watch past episodes at http://www.nbc.com/who-do-you-think-you-are/.
2) GeneaBloggers Radio Episode 59 -- Thomas MacEntee hosts the show this week with co-host Jennifer Geraghty-Gorman of the ‘On a flesh and bone foundation’: An Irish History blog. The show is titled Tracing Your Irish Roots. This show is on:
Friday, March 16, 2012
* 9 pm-10:30 pm Eastern US
* 8-9:30 pm Central US
* 7-8:30 pm Mountain US
* 6-7:30 pm Pacific US
* 2 am London UK
* 1pm Saturday Sydney AUS
The show guests are:
* Donna Moughty, aprofessional genealogist who specializes in Irish research who will tell us about her upcoming research to Dublin, Ireland in October 2012;
* Mary Ellen Grogan, also a professional genealogist who has been researching in Ireland since 1983 and is the proud holder of Reader’s Ticket No. 151 for the National Library of Ireland;
* Ed Zapletal, co-owner and publisher of Moorshead Magazines Ltd., and Editor of Internet Genealogy, Family Chronicle and History Magazine will be discussing the new book Tracing Your Irish Ancestors (2012 Edition).
You can read more information about the guests at "Tracing Your Irish Roots."
3) FGS Radio - My Society, an Internet radio show on Blog Talk Radio presented by the Federation of Genealogical Societies. This week's show is "The 1940 US Census - How Your Genealogy Society Can Get Involved." It will be hosted by Thomas MacEntee. The show airs at:
Saturday, March 17, 2012
* 2-3 pm Eastern US
* 1-2 pm Central US
* 12-1 pm Mountain US
* 11 am-12pm Pacific US
The special guests and features include:
* Jim Ericson, of FamilySearch which is one of the sponsors of the1940 U.S. Census Community Project. Jim will discuss how your genealogy society and your members can get involved with indexing the 1940 US Census images when they are released on April 2, 2012.
* In addition, we’ll be featuring FGS member society, Wisconsin State Genealogical Society, in our weekly Society Spotlight feature. Tune in to FGS Radio – My Society each week to learn more about genealogy societies and join in a discussion of the issues impacting the genealogical community.
Tune in to FGS Radio – My Society each week to learn more about genealogy societies and join in a discussion of the issues impacting the genealogical community.
You can also listen to the archived shows on Blog Talk Radio by going to the two show sites:
* Geneabloggers Radio: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/geneabloggers/
* FGS Radio - MySociety: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mysociety/
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2012/03/follow-friday-this-weekends-genealogy_16.html
Copyright (c) Randall J. Seaver, 2012.