I didn't find a similar "Photo Tree" in the Family Tree Maker 2012 selection of Charts. I did find that I could add the thumbnail pictures of my ancestors to the classical Pedigree Chart, however.
The process for creating a Pedigree Chart with photos is:
* Highlight your selected person to be #1 on the chart
* Select the "Publish" workspace
* Select "Pedigree Chart" from the list
* In the right-hand panel, review the different fields
* In the "Pictures" field, select "Thumbnail"
* I chose a Background from the "Browse for Image" selection
* Click on the "Generate Chart" if it doesn't create itself automatically
* Once the chart is created, I clicked on the "Share" icon (upper right corner) and selected "Export to Image" and saved it as a JPG file.
Here is the final product:
I tried doing this in a "Vertical Pedigree Chart" tree with #1 at the bottom, parents above, etc. The final product (squished spacing, with a different background) would come out as two landscape pages (but it's one image!):
Those are pretty good results, I think, and have a professional look.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/02/making-photo-tree-in-family-tree-maker.html
Copyright (c) 2013, Randall J. Seaver