Your mission, should you decide to accept it (and I hope that all of you do!), is to:
1) Read Michael John Neill's post 10 Signs You Have Genealogy OCD (come on, give Michael some link love) and the comments too (I know it's an old post, we did this in 2011 too!).
2) Make up any number of sentences that will add to his list of signs that you have Genealogy OCD. From one to many, no limit! Be creative!!
3) Share your ingenuity and humor with us in your own blog post, in Comments to this post, in comments to Michael's post, or in a comment on Google Plus or Facebook.
If we get a lot of good ones, I'll make a compendium post to share them with the genealogy world.
Here are some of mine:
* You have every mobile device type (and in some cases, more than one), and every possible genealogy-related app, and they all need to be charged every night.
* You show off your Ancestry.com app on your smart phone to persons you meet in "real life."
* You work in your genealogy management program every day adding the source citations you should have added before you heard of Evidence! Explained.
* You make an image of every document, paper or website that you search, and find, for your ancestors, and add it to the a research log for that person.
* You contribute your family tree to every new online family tree system that comes along in hopes of finding cousins with family information.
* Your family vacations consist of visiting cousins in distant places along with genealogical conferences, seminars and cruises.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/02/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-signs-you.html
Copyright (c) 2013, Randall J. Seaver