Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:
1) Go to The Random Name Generator and click the red “Generate Name” button at the top of the screen. You can pick any random name that is generated in successive tries if you don't like or don't want to research the first name generated.
2. Go to Ancestry.com and enter your generated name in the search box on the main search page. If you don't have Ancestry.com, go to http://www.familysearch.org/ and do it there - it's free.
3. From the results, your research target will be the first census result for your generated name.
4. Using whatever online resources are at your disposal, see what else you can discover about your random person and write about it. It can be a formal report complete with footnotes, or just a “research story” about what you tried, problems you overcame, or success you had. Maybe you want to create a research plan for practice?
5. Post about it on your own blog, as a comment on this post, or in a comment on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter.