The records that can be perused to enter the contest include:
The contest rules:
1) Find an interesting case in one of the two databases noted above. It could be one of your ancestors, a person in your family, or a random person.
2) Post a brief summary of the interesting case in a comment to this post, or on your own blog, and leave a comment on this blog post with a link to your blog post.
3) Highlight your blog post or comment on Twitter, Facebook or Google+ with a link to it.
4) Entries will close on Sunday, 11 May 2014 at 12 midnight Pacific time (0700 UTC Monday, 12 May).
5) I will select one entry using a random number generator to be the winner, and announce the winner in a separate blog post with the entrant's comment and link.
6) The winner will need to contact me by email after the selection, and I will pass their name and email address to Ancestry.com for the prize award of a 3-month Ancestry.com World Explorer subscription.
NOTE: Entrants will need a current Ancestry.com World Explorer or UK subscription, or sign up for a 14-day free trial at http://search.ancestry.co.uk/ in order to find the interesting records. If you do the free trial, you will need to enter a valid credit card number in order to obtain the free trial.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/05/victorian-youth-offender-records-contest.html
copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver