The Mobile App for the Genealogy Jamboree 2015 is available for iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows smart phones and tablets. The Mobile App page with information is at http://genealogyjamboree.com/2015/mobile-app.html:
The web page says:
"Plan your weekend at Jamboree.
- Preview all of the classes by reading the descriptions.
- Browse day by day, or do a search by topic or experience level.
- Download the dozens of syllabus articles available through the app and print them for use.
- Look up your favorite speakers and review the sessions they are teaching.
- Select your sessions and add them to your own personal schedule to keep organized.
- Explore the exhibit hall from the comfort of your couch long before the doors open.
- Do you have questions for speakers or exhibitors? Ask them in advance.
- Create your profile so others know you're attending
- Connect with your friends and send messages.
- Share your class schedule if you'd like others to know where to find you.
- Receive breaking news texts from the Jamboree staff about schedule changes, etc.
- Sync the app across multiple devices.
- Twitter users, send and read tweets from within the app.
- Keep up with the Jamboree blog.
- Provide your feedback on speaker sessions directly from the app."
This quickly changed to the Dashboard:
The Dashboard has buttons for:
* My Schedule
* Show Documents
* Jamboree Blog
* Social Media
When you tap on any of the buttons the first time, information appears to help you understand the function of that button.
I tapped on the "Classes" button and was able to select my classes for each time period. By selecting a class, I could see the speaker's name, the title of the talk, the date, time and venue of the talk, the synopsis of the talk, the speaker biography, the tracks, and the handout. Here is the screen one of my selected classes:
On the left side, I can tap on the star to select this class. Here is a screen from Friday that shows my selected classes:
Note the PDF icon on most of the class listings - this denotes that there is a PDF handout that can be downloaded to the mobile app.
Tapping on the "My Schedule" button on the Dashboard shows me all of my selected classes:
Note that the class venue is provided on the screen above.
I was intrigued by the "Social media" button - what will I find there? Here is a screen shot when I tapped on it:
Apparently, if someone posts on the Facebook page for Southern California Genealogy Jamboree, or used the hashtag #SNGS2015 on Twitter, the posts will be on the "Social Media" page.
I may explore a few more of the Mobile App features in a future post.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2015/05/first-look-at-scgs-genealogy-jamboree.html
Copyright (c) 2015, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.