Here are my Saturday activities as I recall them:
1) In the Salt Palace Hall D by 8:05 a.m. for the Keynote talks by Mike Leavitt and Doris Kearns Goodwin. Leavitt had a list of ten memories from his life and asked the attendees (in the hall and online) to vote on which stories they would like to hear. He did 7 or 8 of them in his 30 minute talk. Doris Goodwin was introduced by Tim Sullivan of Ancestry.com (the sponsor today) and spoke for almost an hour, from notes on the podium with no graphics at all. The talk was interesting, and highlighted her own life and memories, and also biographical information from her books about Lyndon Johnson, John F. Kennedy, Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt, Teddy Roosevelt, and Abraham Lincoln.
2) At 10 a.m. I went off to the Media Hub in the Expo Hall and I set up at the geneablogger table and worked through the remaining posts and updated the blog compendium. There were quite a few photo opportunities and dropby conversations, and at 11 a.m. I went wandering around the Expo Hall. I spoke to folks at Findmypast about their new partnerships, and to folks at Ancestry.com about syncing and mobile apps.
3) At 11:45 a.m., I went off to the Ancestry.com lunch where Kendall Hulet provided an overview of Ancestry's new features for 2016. These included the syncing issue with FTM and soon RootsMagic, Searching, Apps, US Probates, Hints, DNA and upcoming databases.
4) I hurried down for the geneabloggers photo at 1 p.m. thinking they wouldn't do it on time,but I got there at 1:06 (it's a long walk) so I missed my first one in five year. I went over to the Findmypast exhibit and had my picture taken with my parents' wedding photo on their wall.
5) Back to the Media Hub to write the Day 3 activities post, then updated the blog compendium again. Took two long walks around the Expo Hall and took a few pictures of people and things. Had a visit from the two Scribbit ladies and Wesley Eames of AncestorCloud and we talked about Scribbit and saving memories and stories on their system.
6) Left after 4 p.m. for the hotel to write this blog post and take a nap before we leave at 6:45 p.m. with Carol Petranek to DearMyrtle's geneabloggers party in South Jordan. I will have more info about that in a separate post.
Once again I didn't attend a single class today. I'll catch some of them on the video later.
7) We head home on Sunday morning, so I will write more about RootsTech after I get back to the desktop computer.