Here are some of the most precious (to me) images from my Seaver/Leland photograph collection:
In March 2010, we visited Australia, New Zealand and Fiji on a three week Grand Circle Travel Tour to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, and I took some photographs with my trusty digital camera.
1) While in Christchurch, we took a bus tour of the local area on Tuesday, and stopped at a beach south of Christchurch, where Linda got her feet wet in the Pacific Ocean. It's a long way to Antarctica, and we will probably never get closer!
2) There was a big rock pile on the beach, perhaps 50 feet high.
3) I climbed up the rock pile and pointed off towards Antarctica:
4) The view looking the other way (Linda is sitting on the bench in the center of the photo):
5) And the view of the beach from the rock pile:
More on our New Zealand visit in coming weeks.
Unfortunately, I've lost the memories of all the details of this vacation - I know what we saw but can't remember what we were told. Fortunately, I found my Facebook photo albums from our 2010 vacation with pictures and some captions so all is not lost. I found that I posted very few photos from this vacation on Genea-Musings.
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver