My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Never Satisfied by Judy G. Russell on The Legal Genealogist blog. Judy received DNA results for her new-found cousin on AncestryDNA.
* Data, Data Everywhere and Not a Thought to Think by Michael John Neill on the Rootdig.com blog. Michael ponders technology and analysis.
* Time Travel to Visit Nicholas Shepheard (1716-1786)! by Wayne Shepheard on the Discover Genealogy blog. Wayne time travels back to see 18th century England with his 5th great-grandfather.
* What Do I Do Next? 5 Tips for Using FamilySearch Partners by Diana Elder on the Family Locket blog. Diana's five tips are good ones.
* Texas Land Records and Taxes by Christine Manczuk on the Ancestry Island blog. Christine provides a nice tutorial on finding Texas lands of her ancestors.
* Five Keys to Leaving a Visual Legacy for Future Generations by Andrew and Rachel Niesen on the FamilySearch Blog. Some great ideas here.
* The Journey From Hobbyist to Professional Genealogist by Lori Samuelson on the Genealogy at Heart blog. Lori describes her journey.
* Revisiting parents and grandparents by Rhonda McClure on the Vita Brevis blog. Rhonda looked for her father online and found some goodies. A good reminder.
* How to Preserve Your Genealogy Research by Amy Johnson Crow on the Amy Johnson Crow blog. But there's so much of it...
* Are "Look Ups" a Copyright Violation? by Pat Richley-Erickson on the DearMYRTLE Genealogy Blog. Yep...
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking April 29th, 2016 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time blog.
* GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 29 April 2016 by Jill Ball on the GeniAus blog.
* Recommended Reads by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Family Tree Friday Five #2 by Beth on the Walking with Ancestors blog.
* Friday Finds 29 April 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* Inspiring Genealogy Blogs - April 2016 by Alona Tester on the Genealogy & History News blog.
* Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for April 29, 2016 by Jana Last on Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- April 30, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 30 April 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1590 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/05/best-of-genea-blogs-24-to-30-april-2016.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.