This week's Treasure is the 1880 death certificate for Wesley Dickisson of Pahaquarry, Warren County, New Jersey:
The extracted information in this death certificate is (handwritten portion in italics):
1. Full name of deceased: Wesley Dickisson
2. Age 35 years 9 months Color: White
4. Birthplace: Pennsylvania
5. Last place of residence: Pahaquarry Warren Co.
6. How long resident in this State: 20 yrs
7. Place of death: Pahaquarry Warren Co.
8. Father's name: Geo. W. Dickisson Country of Birth: U.S.A.
9. Mother's name: Sarah Dickisson Country of birth: U.S.A.
10. I hereby certify that I attended Wesley Dickisson
during the last illness, and that he died on the 25th day of May, 18 80 and
that the cause of death was Pleuro-pneumonia with Peritonitis
as a complication
Length of sickness: One month
Morton N. Armistrong M.D.
Residence: Blairstown, N.J.
Date: May 26th 1880
Name and residence of Undertaker: Peter Garris Holbrookville, N.J.
Place of burial: Walpack, Sussex County, N.J.
The source citation for this record is:
State of New Jersey, Bureau of Vital Statistics, Death Certificates and Indexes, 1878-1955, Certificate and Record of Death, Certificate #D-21, Place 95 (Warren County) Wesley Dickisson, 25 May 1880, New Jersey State Archives, Trenton.
This death certificate is for the Wesley Dickisson who married Anna Schoonover in March 1866 in Sussex County, New Jersey. Anna Schoonover (1851-1917) was the daughter of Elijah and Sarah (Auble) Schoonover, and is one of the heirs of Elizabeth Auble (1814-1899), her mother's sister.
From this record, an approximate birth date for Wesley Dickisson can be estimated as August 1844.
My thanks to Michelle Tucker Chubenko for finding this record for me at the New Jersey State Archives.
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver