As of 26 February 2017, there were 2,202 record collections on FamilySearch (an increase of 2 from last week):
The added or updated collections are:
* Mexico Baptisms, 1560-1950; 35,314,530 indexed records without record images, Updated 24 Feb 2017
* Michigan, Eastern District, Naturalization Index, 1907-1995; Browse Images only, no indexed records, ADDED 24 Feb 2017
* Mexico, Oaxaca, Catholic Church Records, 1559-1988; 1,265,104 indexed records with record images, Updated 24 Feb 2017
* Costa Rica Civil Registration, 1860-1975; 3,683,881 indexed records with record images, Updated 22 Feb 2017
* Netherlands, Archival Indexes, Miscellaneous Records; 5,265,282 indexed records with record images, Updated 21 Feb 2017
* Michigan Obituaries, 1820-2006; 614,468 indexed records with record images, Updated 21 Feb 2017
My friend, Marshall, has come up with a way to determine which collections are ADDED, DELETED or UPDATED. Thanks to Marshall for helping me out here!
It looks like they added only one new record collection, but the count shows two new collections added. A miscount?
In order to select a specific collection, go to https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list and use the "Filter by collection name" feature in the upper left-hand corner.
Each one of the collections listed above has a Research Wiki page (use the "Learn more" link). It would be very useful if the Wiki page for each collection listed the dates for when the collection was added as a new collection and the dates for major updates also.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/02/added-or-updated-record-collections-at_27.html
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.