Legacy Family Tree Version 9.0, software for genealogy and family history research was released today with some interesting new features.
Here are some of the new features you’ll find in this new version of Legacy Family Tree Software:
* Hinting: Legacy 9 sifts through billions of records from the key websites – FindMyPast, FamilySearch, GenealogyBank, and MyHeritage – for new information, pictures, and stories of your ancestors. As you add to your tree, Legacy 9 begins the search – automatically!
* Reports and Charts: See trends in your ancestors’ medical history with the new Cause of Death charts. Expand your genetic genealogy tools with the new X‐DNA color schemes. Get everyone involved at your next reunion or family gathering with Family Tree BINGO – play with cards of your ancestors, descendants, or a mixture. You can also now see your tree at a glance in the Family Dictionary.
* FindAGrave.com Searching: One‐click access to your ancestor’s Find A Grave memorial. Create a list of people in your tree with or without Find A Grave IDs.
* Online Backup: You’ll never worry about losing your data again. In addition to backing up to your hard drive, a thumb drive, or a DVD, you can now backup your Legacy to the Legacy Cloud. It also makes transferring to a new computer a breeze.
* Stories: Preserve the stories of your ancestors or stories of your own. The new Stories tool lets you record, organize and print multiple stories for any of your ancestors.
* Hashtags: Create unlimited hashtags to describe your ancestors. Then search for or print a report of everyone who shares that hashtag. You’re no longer limited to 9 tags. Call them anything you want – #civilwar #DNAtested #farmer #ProvenAncestor #BrownHair
* Compare 2 People: Researching two same‐named individuals? Having difficulty differentiating two John Smiths in the same place? The new Chronology Comparison report puts them side‐by‐side, color codes their similarities and differences, and helps you determine if they could be the same person.
* Color Coding: Legacy’s popular color‐coding system has been expanded. Now enjoy the ancestor color coding in both the Index View and Name List, making it simple to know what part of your tree you are looking at.
* Digital pictures are now auto‐sorted by date.
* View all 9 tags in the Name List.
* Two additional custom toolbar buttons.
* And dozens of other enhancements!
Thomas MacEntee has a 15% discount to download the Legacy Family Tree Version 9 software - see http://mailchi.mp/
I downloaded Legacy Family Tree Version 9 Deluxe Edition today. Since I had Legacy Version 8, I used my Customer Code to obtain the Legacy 9 version for $26.95 less the 15% discount from Thomas MacEntee's offer.
I will have more about the new features in future posts.