I didn't demonstrate if or how the Smart Story changes when current information is changed, or new information is added.
In the first post, I made a Smart Story for my great-grandfather, Frank Walton Seaver (1852-1922). In this post, I'm going to add a Fact and see if the Smart Story changes, and then I'm going to edit a Fact and see if the Smart Story changes.
1) Here is the Person screen in the People workspace for Frank Seaver before I add a Fact:
I want to add a Baptism Fact for Frank, so after I do this (clicking the blue + (plus) button, selecting "Baptism" from the "Add Fact" list, and filling in the information), the screen looks like this:
You can see that the Baptism Fact is added to the Fact list. Did the Smart Story change? Here's the Smart Story after I added the Baptism Fact:
The Baptism Fact was not added to the Smart Story. See the bottom of this post for conclusions.
2) What if I change the information for an existing Fact? I decided to change Frank's birth date - here's the screen as I'm changing the Birth Fact. In the field for birth date, I changed it to 6 October 1852, as shown below:
So did the revised date show up in the Smart Story? Here's the screen after I changed the Birth Fact:
The Smart Story changed as you can see in the screen above.
I experimented with changing other Facts, changing the Notes, and changing the Fact Sources. As long as I didn't add a new Fact, add another type of Note, or add a Fact Source, the Smart Story changed accordingly.
The conclusions I draw from this post are:
* Smart Stories do change when a previously created Fact, Note, or Fact Source is edited or modified.
* Smart Stories do not change when a newly added Fact, Note type or Fact Source is created. The user has to create a new Smart Story if those elements are added to a Person's profile.
* If the Smart Story in the genealogy database is changed, then the Smart Story in the Ancestry.com Member Tree will not be changed until the user uploads a new Family Tree Maker 2011 database into a new Ancestry.com Member Tree.