I'm leaving Friday.
I want to be part of it -
Is longing to meet
All his genea-buds at
Excitement is building here in the Genea-Cave for the 2011 Genealogy Jamboree in Burbank on June 10th through 12th, 2011, hosted by the Southern California Genealogical Society. Perhaps the word should be "panic" rather than "excitement" ...
There is so much to do, and so little time to do it, and keep up the regular routine of blog posts, genealogy research, database work, eating, sleeping, Padres games, etc.
The list of things done or to-do include:
* Register for Jamboree, reserve hotel room, and get train ticket. DONE - thank you, San Diego Genealogical Society!
* Genealogy business cards. Not done yet.
* Purchase Genea-Musings promotional items online. Uh-oh...
* Transfer latest RootsMagic 4 database to laptop. Done.
* Download the program schedule to computer and laptop. Done just now!
* Figure out which sessions are "must-see." Not done yet.
* Empty laptop case of electronic stuff, and put back only what I need - laptop, cables, digital voice recorder, phone charger, digital camera, camera charger, camera USB cable, Genea-Musings promo stuff, etc. Shoot - almost everything already there! Now I wish I had an iPad - would make the case lighter. Not done yet.
* Charge the camera battery, and put the charger in the laptop case. Charged it, but camera broke. Memo to self: go buy another camera real soon!
* Print out emails for geneablogger events...including my Saturday morning Blogger Panel session. Not done yet.
* Write some posts ahead of time to cover the weekend. Something for Friday morning. Surname Saturday, Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, etc. Not done yet.
* Pack for success... clothes, toiletries, pajamas for the PJ party, genealogy shirts, what else? Will do this on Thursday night. I wonder what I should wear for my Blogger Summit appearance on live, streaming video? Where's my GeneaBloggers Rock! shirt?
* Oh - I remembered one more - take Linda! Will do this on Friday morning.
I'm mentally ready - need to get physically ready too.
I'll try to update this post as I get more ideas for things to take.
What other items do I need to take? What have I missed?
The URL for this post is http://www.geneamusings.com/2011/06/getting-ready-for-scgs-genealogy.html
(c) 2011. Randall J. Seaver. All Rights Reserved. If you wish to re-publish my content, please contact me for permission, which I will usually grant. If you are reading this on any other genealogy website, then they have stolen my work.