1) GeneaBloggers Radio Episode 55 -- DearMYRTLE hosts the show this week, titled "Give Me Your Tired, Your Poor: 19th Century US Immigration." This show is on:
Friday, February 17, 2012
* 9 pm-10:30 pm Eastern US
* 8-9:30 pm Central US
* 7-8:30 pm Mountain US
* 6-7:30 pm Pacific US
* 2 am London UK
* 1pm Saturday Sydney AUS
The show guests are:
* Marian Smith, Chief of the Historical Research Branch of the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS);
* Audrey Collins, Blogger and Family Historian at The National Archives (UK);
* Angela Walton-Raji, genealogist and host of the African Roots Podcast.
You can read more information about the guests at "Give Me Your Tired, Your Poor: 19th Century US Immigration."
2) FGS Radio - My Society, an Internet radio show on Blog Talk Radio presented by the Federation of Genealogical Societies. This week's show is "Strategic Planning for Genealogy Societies." It will be hosted by Drew Smith. The show airs at:
Saturday, February 18, 2012
* 2-3 pm Eastern US
* 1-2 pm Central US
* 12-1 pm Mountain US
* 11 am-12pm Pacific US
The special guests and features include:
* Kenyatta D. Berry, President of the Association of Professional Genealogists (APG). Kenyatta will discuss APG’s recent strategic planning efforts and how similar efforts can benefit any and all genealogy societies.
* In addition, we’ll be featuring FGS member society, Santa Barbara County Genealogical Society, in our weekly Society Spotlight feature.
Tune in to FGS Radio – My Society each week to learn more about genealogy societies and join in a discussion of the issues impacting the genealogical community.
You can also listen to the archived shows on Blog Talk Radio by going to the two show sites:
* Geneabloggers Radio: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/geneabloggers/
* FGS Radio - MySociety: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mysociety/
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2012/02/follow-friday-this-weekends-radio-shows.html
Copyright (c) Randall J. Seaver, 2012.