1) Who Do You Think You Are? (NBC, 8 p.m. EDT, PDT, 7 p.m. CDT, MDT) -- This week (Friday, 30 March) the celebrity is Rita Wilson (a new episode).
You can watch past episodes at http://www.nbc.com/who-do-you-think-you-are/.
2) Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates, Jr. (PBS, 8 p.m. EDT, PDT, 7 p.m. CDT, MDT) -- This week (Sunday, April 1) the celebrities are Barbara Walters and Geoffrey Canada (a new episode)
The PBS web page for the series is at http://www.pbs.org/wnet/finding-your-roots/. You can watch previews of this series at http://video.pbs.org/video/2189457832/
3) GeneaBloggers Radio -- Episode 60 with Thomas MacEntee hosting. The show is titled Ready, Set, 1940 U.S. Census. This show is on:
Friday, March 30, 2012
* 9 pm-10:30 pm Eastern US
* 8-9:30 pm Central US
* 7-8:30 pm Mountain US
* 6-7:30 pm Pacific US
* 2 am London UK
* 1pm Saturday Sydney AUS
The show guests are:
* Steve Morse, architect of the Intel 8086 process which helped spark the PC revolution over 30 years ago, who has developed a set of online tools at his One Step Website to help you locate your family in the 1940 US Census.
* Joel Weintraub, retired biology professor at California State University, Fullerton who has been preparing for the release of the 1940 US Census since 2005.
* Jim Ericson, of FamilySearch, which is one of the sponsors of the 1940 U.S. Census Community Project. Jim will discuss how you can get involved with indexing the 1940 US Census images when they are released on April 2, 2012.
* Amy Johnson Crow ofArchives.com, another partner in the 1940 US Census Community Project who offer a behind the scenes look at the technology used to make the 1940 US Census images available to the public.
4) FGS Radio - My Society, an Internet radio show on Blog Talk Radio presented by the Federation of Genealogical Societies. This week's show is High Touch: Keeping Connected to Your Society Members hosted by Drew Smith. The show airs at:
Saturday, March 31, 2012
* 2-3 pm Eastern US
* 1-2 pm Central US
* 12-1 pm Mountain US
* 11 am-12pm Pacific US
The special guests and features include:
* Our guest will be Pam Treme, editor of Florida Lines, the newsletter for the Florida State Genealogical Society. Pam and Drew will be talking about websites, newsletters, phone trees, and any other ways that societies can keep their members feeling informed and connected.
* Last week’s episode ran long, so we’ll once again be featuring FGS member society, Northern Arizona Genealogical Society, in our weekly Society Spotlight feature.
Tune in to FGS Radio – My Society each week to learn more about genealogy societies and join in a discussion of the issues impacting the genealogical community.
You can also listen to the archived shows on Blog Talk Radio by going to the two show sites:
* Geneabloggers Radio: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/geneabloggers/
* FGS Radio - MySociety: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mysociety/
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2012/03/follow-friday-this-weekends-genealogy_30.html
Copyright (c) Randall J. Seaver, 2012.