Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:
1) Did you make any New Years Resolutions, or state Goals and Objectives, for genealogy research in 2013? If so, tell us about them.
2) If not, then make ONE resolution, or state one goal, for your genealogy research that you are determined to keep during 2013. We'll check on progress toward that resolution/goal during the year in SNGF.
3) Tell us about it in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, or in a Facebook status post or Google+ Stream post.
1) I have NOT made resolutions or stated goals for 2013, based on my seemingly poor performance in recent years.
2) The ONE, most important, Goal that I have for 2013 is to: Get more information sitting in my piles, on my computer, and on my bookcases into my genealogy database, including narrative information, transcribing/abstracting documents, source citations for events, etc.
I have a wealth of information that needs to be added to my genealogy database to make it "better" by using authoritative references, transcribing/abstracting documents, and adding events with source citations as needed. This is a seemingly endless task because I keep finding and saving (photocopies or digital files) information about my ancestral families in repositories (I get to so few these days) and online (there is so much to find!).
So, my GOAL is to burn down my "to be entered" pile from 18 inches to 6 inches, and to enter at least 6,000 new source citations in 2013. I currently have 35,837 citations in my database.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/01/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-make-one.html
Copyright (c) 2013), Randall J. Seaver