Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:
1) We're going to do a little bit of Semi-Random Research tonight...
2) Go to your family tree database of choice (you know, like RootsMagic, Reunion, Ancestry Member Tree), and determine who the very last person on your list of names is.
3) What do you know about this person based on your research? It's OK to do more if you need to - in fact, it's encouraged!
4) How are you related to this person, and why is s/he in your family tree?
5) Tell us about it in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this blogp ost, or in a Facebook Status post or Google+ Stream post.
2) The last person in the index of my 41,552 person family tree in RootsMagic is: John J. Zusinas.
3) John J. Zusinas was born 15 August 1910 to Joseph and Anna Zusinas, probably in Pittsburgh, Allegheny, Pennsylvania. He married Gertrude M. (Remley) Hoyland at some time in an unknown place. John J. Zusinas died 10 December 1984 in Hollywood, Broward, Florida. The dates are from the Florida State Death Index on Ancestry.com. The parents are from the 1920 U.S. census. There are several Ancestry Member Trees with John J. Zusinas as an entry.
4) The relationship is complicated. John Zusinas is the second husband of Gertrude M. Remley (1902-1977), who is an aunt of James Howard Remley (1912-2007, son of Frederick Lloyd Remley, 1887-1957), who was the husband of Geraldine Seaver (1917-2007), who is my aunt (the youngest sister of my father). I built a Remley database about 15 years ago for Jim and his children, and included it in my family tree database several years ago.
5) I just did!
I had no information about John Zusinas before I started this post...and found quite a bit of information on Ancestry.com. I added a birth date/place and death date/place for John, and a death date/place for Gertrude, with sources, in minutes!
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/01/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-semi_12.html
Copyright (c) 2013, Randall J. Seaver