This "Genealogy at a Glance" booklet has four laminated pages on one 11" x 17" paper (folded). It is designed to give the user the basic elements of genealogy research in the allotted space. They provide an overview of the facts a researcher needs to know in order to begin and proceed successfully with research in the subject.
The description of the Polish Genealogy Research includes:
This booklet is designed primarily for the person who is not an expert, or has little experience, on finding Polish ancestors. It provides guidance and excellent ideas to help researchers to find their Polish ancestors. Reference books, online databases and websites for some of the topics are cited in the text.
For someone like me that teaches and talks about genealogy a bit, it is invaluable because I can pull it out and provide some guidance to my student or colleague interested in the subject.
The beauty of these "Genealogy at a Glance" booklets is that they are very light and portable in a briefcase or laptop case. They are fixtures in my research case.
This four-page laminated booklet costs $8.95, plus postage and handling (4th Class Mail $4.50; FedEx Ground Service in the USA, $6.00). You can order it through the Genealogical Store, or use the link for the Polish Genealogy Research booklet and click on the "Add to Cart" link. I recommend buying these at seminars and conferences where they are offered in order to avoid the shipping costs.
I have reviewed several similar works in:
* Review: Genealogy At a Glance: Finding Female Ancestors
* Book Review: Genealogy at a Glance: "How-To" Series (French-Canadian, Scottish and Irish),
* Book Review: Genealogy at a Glance: German Genealogy Research
* Review: Genealogy at a Glance: English Genealogy Research
* Review - Genealogy at a Glance: French Genealogy Research,
* Review: Genealogy at a Glance: Immigration Research
* Review: Genealogy at a Glance - American Cemetery Research,
* Book Review: Genealogy at a Glance - U.S. Federal Census Records,
* Book Review: Genealogy at a Glance - Pennsylvania Genealogy Research.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) Randall J. Seaver, 2013.
Disclosure: Genealogical.com contacted me recently and asked me to provide a review of this booklet. They mailed me a review copy for my personal use as remuneration for this review.