Here the Rules for the "One Lovely Blog Award":
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog
- Share Seven things about yourself
- Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!)
- Contact your bloggers to let them know that you've tagged them for the One Lovely Blog Award
1. Thank you, Alex, for the nomination - Alex's blog is at http://familytreefrog.blogspot.com/.
2. Seven Things about me:
* I am a native San Diegan, as were my mother and her father. We even went to the same high school.
* My first real job was as a room cleaner at the San Diego Chargers (American football team) in the summer of 1963.
* Until I started doing genealogical research, my hobby was listening to the radio for distant radio stations on the AM band. I also became somewhat of an expert in radio wave propagation.
* I met Linda at a bowling alley in San Diego, and we married two years later. My bowling average got up to 178 at one point when I was bowling in three leagues a week. Now I struggle to break 100. My two grandsons beat me two weeks ago.
* We have four grandchildren, with a fifth due on Friday, 12 September. I hope that Charlie is on time! I can hardly wait to put him to sleep by reciting his ancestry to him. Works every time!
* I have been a San Diego Padres fan (American baseball team) since 1948. We won the Pacific Coast League pennant in 1954. The major league Padres started in 1969, and have been in two World Series in 1984 and 1998. We're past due! Not this year, though.
* I've seen snow fall at sea level in San Diego twice - once in 1949 (walking to school) and in 1967 (driving to work). We're past due!
3) I have to nominate 15 bloggers whom I admire...that's hard, since I have over 1,500 genealogy blogs on my Feedly list. Here are 15 that I admire that write regularly and well (not in any order):
* J.L. Bell on the Boston 1775 blog. This is a treasure trove of Revolutionary War information.
* Jacqi Stevens on the A Family Tapestry blog. Jacqi blogs about her research experiences...I love her work.
* Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog. Gail's blog covers Canadian, English and Irish research, and she writes a weekly Creme de la Creme blog list.
* Jana Last on Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog. Jana writes a weekly Fab Finds blog list.
* John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog. John highlights New England research and often has a weekly Saturday Serendipity blog list.
* Eowyn Langholf, Tami Mize and Gena Philibert-Ortega on the WikiChicks blog. These ladies are full of enthusiasm and ideas.
* Michael Leclerc on the Mocavo Genealogy Blog. Michael writes about genealogy resources and topics and used to write a weekly blog list.
* Diane Gould Hall on the Michigan Family Trails blog. Diane is a San Diego blogger with Michigan roots.
* Diane Weintraub on the Nuts From the Family Tree blog. Diane is also a San Diego blogger who writes about her ancestral families.
* Heather Wilkinson Rojo on the Nutfield Genealogy blog. Heather lives in New Hampshire and writes about her family's ancestry and New England.
* Diane Boumenot on the One Rhode Island Family blog. Diane writes about her Rhode Island families, some of which I share!
* Bill West on the West in New England blog. Bill has lots of New England ancestry, and we share a few of them.
* The authors of the Vita Brevis blog. Vita Brevis is the blog of the New England Historic Genealogical Society.
* Harold Henderson on the Midwestern Roots: A Genealogy Blog. Harold writes about midwestern resources and professional genealogy issues.
* Roberta J. Estes on the DNAeXplained - Genetic Genealogy blog. Roberta writes about DNA and genetic genealogy issues and her own test results.
Whew. I could name hundreds more!
4) Now I have to contact all of these folks? Later. Maybe they'll see their name here and accept the award and pass it on.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/09/one-lovely-blog-award.html
Copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver