Sophia Trimmer (about 1755 - before 1811) is #113 on my Ahnentafel list, my 4th great-grandmother, who married #112 Johannes Able (about 1758-1818) in 1777.
I am descended through:
* their son, #56 John Auble (1780-1831), who married #57 Anna Row (1787-1860) in 1804,
* their son, #28 David Auble (1817-1894), who married #29 Sarah G. Knapp (1818-after 1900) in 1844.
* their son #14 Charles Auble (1849-1916), who married #15 Georgianna Kemp (1868-1952) in 1898.
* their daughter #7 Emily Kemp Auble (1899-1977) who married #6 Lyle Lawrence Carringer in 1918.
* their daughter, #3 Betty Virginia Carringer (1919-2002), who married #2 Frederick Walton Seaver (1911-1983) in 1942.
1) PERSON (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Name: Sophia Trimmer[1-3]
* Sex: Female
* Father: Matthias Trimmer (1722-1793)
* Mother: Anna Martha Nachbar (1724- )
2) INDIVIDUAL EVENTS (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Birth: about 1755, Amwell, Hunterdon, New Jersey, United States
* Death: before 1811 (before about age 56), Sussex, New Jersey, United States
3) SHARED EVENTS (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Spouse 1: Johannes Able (1758-1818)
* Marriage: 30 January 1777 (about age 22), Oldwick, Hunterdon, New Jersey, United States[2–4]
* Child 1: Anna Maria Able (1778- )
* Child 2: John Auble (1780-1831)
* Child 3: Anna Maria Able (1784- )
* Child 4: David Able (1787-1858)
* Child 5: Elisabeth Able (1789- )
* Child 6: George Able (1793-1870)
* Child 7: Jacob Able (1796-1837)
4) GENERAL NOTES (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
Sophia Trimmer was born in about 1755 in Amwell, New Jersey to Matthias and Anna Martha (Nachbar) Trimmer. She is named as "Sofie Abel" (wife of John Auble) in her father's 1791 will.
Sophia Trimmer married John Abel on 30 January 1777 in the Zion Lutheran Church[2-3]. The marriage record in the Zion Lutheran Church records say:
" John Abel & Sophia Trimmer, Jam. 30"
Zion Lutheran Church birth and baptism records (New Germantown, New Jersey) include the children of Johannes/John and Sophia (Trimmer) Abel/Able/Auble.
Sophia (Trimmer) Able probably died before 1811, when John Able married, secondly, to widow Mary Cripps on 17 April 1811.
1. Theodore Frelinghuysen Chambers, The Early Germans of New Jersey: their history, churches, and genealogies (Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1982), pages 533-539, Trimmer family sketch.
2. Norman C. Wittwer and D. A. Sinclair, "Marriage Records of the Zion Lutheran Church at Oldwick," Genealogical Magazine of New Jersey, Volume XL, page 10, John Abel and Sophia Trimmer entry, 1777.
3. Juanita Hayter Crampton, The Able Aubles (Utica, Kentucky: Mcdowell Publications, 1987), page 33, John Able sketch; digital image, FamilySearch Books (https://books.familysearch.org/ : accessed 27 June 2014).
4. Ben Van D. Fisher, "Records of the Corporation of Zion in New Germantown in West Jersey - Births and Baptisms," Genealogical Magazine of New Jersey, Volumes XXX to XXXIII (1900-1903), January 1901, page 36.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2015/10/52-ancestors-in-52-weeks-week-93-113.html
Copyright (c) 2015, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.