My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Finding Family – Ancestry and AncestryDNA provided the tools to determine my biological father and half-siblings by Don Taylor on D. Taylor's Genealogy blog. Don found them through DNA tests.
* DNA breaks through a brick wall... and shakes things up! by Kathleen on the Voices From a Distant Past blog. Kathleen found her Hill cousins through DNA testing.
* How to Add Sources Using the FamilySearch Tree App by Jana Last on Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog. Jana walks readers through this fairly easy process.
* Guest Post: Sprucing Up Your Family's History by Leslie Albrecht Huber on the MyHeritage Blog. Some excellent tips here.
* Where Do They Find All Those Old Records? Interview With FamilySearch Content Strategist Suzanne Russo Adams by Diane Haddad on the Genealogy Insider blog. Suzanne provides insight on FamilySearch content acquisition.
* Full URLs in Citations? by the write of The Ancestry Insider blog. Mr. AI provides a nice review of when and how you can do this.
* Ethics, Etiquette and Old Family Letters by Denise Levenick on The Family Curator blog. Denise ponders these issues well.
* The 10 Best Free U.S. Historical Newspaper Research Sites by Kenneth R. Marks on The Ancestor Hunt blog. I love Ken's lists.
* 6 Effective Ways to Use Twitter for Genealogy Research by Natalie L. on the Crestleaf Blog. There are some useful information and links here.
* Stop When You Come to the "But" by Mary Kircher Roddy on the Searching For Stories blog. Mary ponders how we judge our ancestors' lives.
* Worldwide Genealogy: 12-Step Program for New Online Collections by Schalene Dagutis on the Tangled Roots and Trees blog. This is an excellent workflow.
* Why Do We Do Genealogy? by Lorine McGinnis Schulze on the Legacy News blog. Good question, great answer.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 25th March 2016 by Crissouli on That Moment in Time blog.
* GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 25 March 2016 by Jill Ball on the GeniAus blog.
* Recommended Reads by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds 25 March 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for March 25, 2016 by Jana Last on Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- March 26, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 26 March 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (March 26, 2016) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1590 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/03/best-of-genea-blogs-20-to-26-march-2016.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.