My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Looking for a Genealogy Program That Will Be Around for a Long Time by Louis Kessler on the Behold Genealogy blog. Louis provides his recommendations.
* Review: BillionGraves Plus by Thomas MacEntee on the Geneabloggers blog. Thomas provides a comprehensive description of this useful website.
* No Love Left for Libraries? by Kevin Walker on the Who We Were, Are & Will Be Our Family blog. Kevin visited the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library in Springfield, Illinois.
* Unlock the Past Genealogy Cruise 10 Blog Compendium by Louis Kessler on the Behold Genealogy blog. Louis compiles blog posts about this recent cruise.
* What kind of family tree - Online or off? It Depends by Pat Richley-Erickson on The Organized Genealogist blog. Pat offers an excellent summary of what's available and options online and offline.
* Ten Unexpected Benefits of Genealogy Blogging (what are you waiting for?) by Heather Wilkinson Rojo on the Nutfield Genealogy blog. Heather has a great list!
* #RootsTech: Robert Kehrer – #FamilySearch and a Famous Curse by the writer of The Ancestry Insider blog. Mr. AI provides FamilySearch statistics from Robert Kehrer's RootsTech luncheon talk.
* The 5 Best Free Sites for Online Newspaper Research for Genealogy by Kenneth Marks on The Ancestor Hunt blog. Kenneth continues to provide excellent information about online newspapers.
* Review: Google Guide for Genealogy: 1001 Ways to Search the Internet like a Genealogist by Thomas MacEntee on the Geneabloggers blog. Thomas finds plagiarism in Barry Ewell's latest book.
* Don't Trust the Obituary by Claudia Breland on the Claudia C. Breland Genealogy and Online Research blog. Claudia demonstrates why she says this.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 11th March 2016 by Crissouli on the That Moment In Time blog.
* GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 11 March 2016 by Jill Ball on the GeniAus blog.
* Recommended Reads by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds for 11 March 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for March 11, 2016 by Jana Last on Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- March 12, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 12 March 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
* Saturday Serendipity (March 12, 2016) by John D. Tew on the Filiopietism Prism blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1590 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is:
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.