Here are some of the most precious (to me) images from my Seaver/Leland photograph collection:
In March 2010, we visited Australia, New Zealand and Fiji on a three week Grand Circle Travel Tour to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, and I took some photographs with my trusty digital camera.
1) While in Sydney, I posted an update to Facebook from our hotel. One of my geneablogging friends, Shelly Talalay Dardashti, was also in Sydney on a holiday trip, and called me at the Mercure Hotel. We arranged to meet the next day, Saturday, at Circular Quay ion the waterfront, and take the ferry to Manly Beach:
In the photo above, there is my wife Linda on the left, Di (bob's wife), Schelly, and Schelly's cousin, Bob.
2) Here is Schelly and randy on the boat to Manly Beach:
3) We had a nice lunch in Manly Beach, here are Schelly, bob, Di and Linda:
4) Schelly and I had a short walk on Manly Beach looking for babes and manly folks. Notice I didn't wear my muscle shirt:
5) This sidewalk sign seems like an oxymoron:
6) On the way back to Sydney, I took this photo of the Sydney Opera House from the boat:
It was great fun to meet another genealogist 8,000 miles from home, and sort of out of the blue. We turned it into a fun day.
Unfortunately, I've lost the memories of all the details of this vacation - I know what we saw but can't remember what we were told. Fortunately, I found my Facebook photo albums from our 2010 vacation with pictures and some captions so all is not lost. I found that I posted very few photos from this vacation on Genea-Musings.
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver