* Making Progress on My Auble Cousins - Post 1: Finding Elizabeth's Will (25 April 2016).
* Making Progress on My Auble Cousins - Post 2: Transcription of Elizabeth Auble's Will (28 April 2016)
* Making Progress on My Auble Cousins - Post 3: Identifying Elizabeth Auble's Heirs (29 April 2016)
* Making Progress on My Auble Cousins -- Post 4: The William Auble Challenges (3 May 2016)
* Making Progress on My Auble Cousins -- Post 5: The Sophia Auble Challenges Part 1 (5 May 2016)
* Making Progress on My Auble Cousins -- Post 6: Solving the William Auble Challenge (6 May 2016)
* Making Progress on My Auble Cousins - Post 7: Sophia Auble's Descendants (10 May 2016)
* Making Progress on My Auble Cousins - Post 8: Nathan Auble's Descendants (17 May 2016)
In this series of posts, I am discussing the challenges that I found with the heirs of Elizabeth Auble named in her 1893 will.
1) In the will, these persons were listed among those who received a bequest of money:
Source: Jim Tipton, indexed database, Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com), Newton Cemetery, Newton, N.J., Anna Schoonover Dickisson memorial #14629082.
The stone says "Anna Schoonover, wife of Wesley Dickisson, died Nov 26 1917 aged 67 years."
Apparently, this Anna Dickisson was a Schoonover at birth. That matches with the mother's name on the 1880 U.S. Census - Sarah Schoonover.
I never did find any record for the Wesley Dickerson who married Anna. She was listed as widowed in both 1880 and 1900, but she apparently had another Dickerson child - Lucella - in 1881 according to the 1900 census.
4) I did a search for Sarah Schoonover and quickly found Sarah Schoonover in the same cemetery:
Source: 1850 United States Federal Census, Warren County, New Jersey, population schedule, Hardwick, page 344A, dwelling #56, family #60, Elijah Schoonover household; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com : accessed 20 May 2016); citing Natinoal Archives Microfilm Publication M432, Roll 465. [Note: This family is indexed correctly, but the source and the links on Ancestry go to the wrong image].
Sarah Schoonover (age 35) was married to Elijah Schoonover (age 36), and their purported children in the 1850 census are Morris (age 12), Lucilla (age 11), James (age 9), Martha E. (age 7), Euphemia (age 4), and Samuel S. (age 1).
In the 1860 U.S. Census, the family includes:
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver