Here are some of the photos I took while in the Wisconsin State Historical Society in Madison:
1) On the 4th floor is the Archives. I took a photo of the cover of the book for the Wisconsin State Senate Journal that had the name change document for my 2nd great-grandfather, Devier James Lamphear Smith:
2) And a photo of the page for the Act of the state senate granting the name change:
3) Also at the Archives, I found a card file for naturalizations for Linda's Norwegian ancestors. Here is a photo of the card for Elling Erikson Natvik:
4) I found several pages for the naturalization of Linda's Leland ancestors:
4) In the afternoon, I worked in the Library Reading Room and in the book stacks. Google Books was in the process of digitizing books off the shelf in the County History section, much to my chagrin:
5) Here is the Main Reading Room, that's Linda in the bright blue jacket on the right. I don't think the guy dozing in the foreground is a genealogist.
Unfortunately, I didn't take a lot of pictures around Madison, the University or the Society. I was hunting for forebears, not great pictures. And it was my Canon point-and-shoot camera so lots of images are fuzzy. Oh well.
Next week will be photos from another library in Madison.