My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or are poignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* Happy 30th Birthday, RootsMagic! Part 8: The Birth of RootsMagic by Bruce Buzbee on the RootsMagic Blog. Finally, the story of the birth of RootsMagic.
* How I Traced my Immigrant Ancestors to Germany by Dana Leeds on The Enthusiastic Genealogist blog. What an excellent example of how to do this.
* You Don't Know What You Don't Know by Roberta J. Estes on the DNAeXplained - Genetic Genealogy blog. Roberta suggests open-ended questions at family gatherings, and taking a DNA test kit too.
* The “We’re Related” App on Ancestry.com – Don’t Automatically Extend My Pedigree by Michael John Neill on the Rootdig.com blog. I wholeheartedly agree!
* The Eighth Annual Great Genealogy Poetry Challenge Posts by Bill West on the West in New England blog. Bill's yearly challenge includes many interesting poems and commentary.
* The Story of Gunder and Mari by Lise Cristen Walla on Martin Roe's Norwegian Genealogy and Then Some... blog. What an interesting tragic and inspiring biography of a Norwegian family. Real life.
* More to be Thankful For... by Judy G. Russell on The Legal Genealogist blog. Judy highlights upcoming educational opportunities at institutes.
* Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* GAGs - GeniAus' Gems - 25 November 2016 by Jill Ball on the GeniAus blog.
* Recommended Reads by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Branches on the Family Tree blog.
* Friday Finds: Week 47 by Martin Roe on the Norwegian Genealogy and then some blog.
* Friday Finds 25 Nov 2016 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* Follow Friday ~ Fab Finds for November 18, 2016 by Jana Last on Jana's Genealogy and Family History Blog.
* Favorite Reads of the Week: 26 November 2016 by Nicole Dyer on the Family Locket blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- November 26, 2016 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
* Weekly Genealogy Picks by John Newmark on the TransylvanianDutch blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2016/11/best-of-genea-blogs-20-to-26-november.html
Copyright (c) 2016, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.