Here is your assignment if you choose to play along (cue the Mission Impossible music, please!):
1) This is a fun meme co-hosted by McGuffy's Reader and 15 and Meowing (thanks to Suzanne McClendon on the P.S. Annie blog for the links).
2) Fill in the blanks for these four statements:
1. One Thanksgiving tradition I have is __________________________.
2. Black Friday ______________________________________________.
3. The best part about Thanksgiving Day is _______________________.
4. One Thanksgiving, _________________________________________.
3) Tell us in your own blog post, in a comment to this blog post, or in a Facebook or Google+ post. Be sure to drop a comment to this post if you write your own blog post and link to it.
1. One Thanksgiving tradition I have is: Watching the football games while trying to keep up with my blog writing.
2. Black Friday: is the day after Thanksgiving and I avoid going shopping. I may do a lot of genealogy research that day.
3. The best part of Thanksgiving Day is: going out to dinner so that Linda doesn't have to cook. We often invite friends to go with us. This way there are no dried out turkey leftovers.
4. One Thanksgiving (I think 2012), we were going to have the family over for dinner. The week before, Linda bought a 13 pound turkey and put it in the freezer. Several days before the big day, she got up early and wanted to take it out of the freezer to thaw it out. Well, her hands slipped, and the turkey (about the size and heft of a bowling ball) dropped on her right foot, breaking a toe and damaging two other toes.
She managed to wake me up by yelling (it was like 6 a.m.) and I got up and treated her toe, got Mr. Butterball back in the fridge, and cleaned up the blood prints on the floor. It was pretty obvious that the toe was broken, so we went to the E.R. and they treated it and gave her pain meds and sent her home. Our daughter, Tami, stepped in as the cook on Thanksgiving Day and we had a great time. Linda had little stress that day. After that, we decided our new tradition would be to go out to Thanksgiving dinner.