Welcome to my genealogy blog. Genea-Musings features genealogy research tips and techniques, genealogy news items and commentary, genealogy humor, San Diego genealogy society news, family history research and some family history stories from the keyboard of Randy Seaver (of Chula Vista CA), who thinks that Genealogy Research Is really FUN!
Copyright (c) Randall J. Seaver, 2006-2017.
1) PERSON (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Name: Mary Kent
* Sex: Female
2) INDIVIDUAL EVENTS (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Birth: about 1724, probably Woodbridge, Middlesex, New Jersey, United States
* Death: Woodbridge, Middlesex, New Jersey, United States
3) SHARED EVENTS (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Spouse 1: William Cutter (1722-1780)
* Marriage 1: before 1744 (before about age 20), Woodbridge, Middlesex, New Jersey, United States
* Child 1: Stephen Cutter (1745-1823)
* Child 2: Richard Cutter (1746-1770)
* Child 3: Sarah Cutter (1748-1814)
* Child 4: Mary Cutter (1750- )
* Child 5: Hannah Cutter (1753- )
* Child 6: Kelsey Cutter (1756-1798)
* Child 7: Samuel Cutter (1761-1805)
* Child 8: Keturah Cutter (1765-1794)
4) NOTES (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
Mary Kent's parents are unknown. It is possible that she was the daughter of Stephen Kent, and the granddaughter of another Stephen Kent who resided in Woodbridge, Middlesex County, New Jersey. However, there are no records to prove this supposition.
She was probably born between 1722 and 1726, since she had her first child in 1745.
Mary Kent married William Cutter in about 1744, probably in Middlesex County, New Jersey. They had eight children born between 1745 and 1765, all in Woodbridge, New Jersey.
There are no death or burial records for Mary (Kent) Cutter. It is likely that she is buried in the First Presbyterian Church Churchyard in Woodbridge near her husband, who died in 1780.
1. Dr. Benjamin Cutter, The History of the Cutter Family of New England (Boston, Mass. : 1871), page 93, William Cutter sketch.
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.