As of 5 March 2017, there were 2,204 record collections on FamilySearch (an increase of 2 from last week):
The added or updated collections are:
* England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975; 68,947,780 indexed records without record images, Updated 03 Mar 2017
* Missouri, Reports of Separation Notices, 1941-1946; 345,459 indexed records without record images, Updated 03 Mar 2017
* Spain, Soldier Personal Service Files, 1835-1940; 6,777 indexed records with record images, Updated 03 Mar 2017
* France, Saône-et-Loire, Census, 1876; 594,235 indexed records with record images, ADDED 03 Mar 2017
* Netherlands, Archival Indexes, Miscellaneous Records; 5,450,910 indexed records with record images, Updated 02 Mar 2017
* United States, YMCA World War I Service Cards, 1917-1919; 27,352 indexed records with record images, Updated 01 Mar 2017
* United Kingdom, Royal Hospital Chelsea: Discharge Documents of Pensioners 1760-1887 (WO 122); 1,710 indexed records with record images, ADDED 01 Mar 2017
* Ghana, Accra, Marriages, 1863-2003; Browse Images only, no indexed records, Updated 28 Feb 2017
* Texas, Matagorda County, School Census Records, 1923-1946; 372,298 indexed records with record images, Updated 28 Feb 2017
* British Columbia, Victoria Times Birth, Marriage and Death Notices, 1901-1939; 54,330 indexed records with record images, Updated 28 Feb 2017
* England, Derbyshire, Church of England Parish Registers, 1537-1918; 1,482,358 indexed records with record images, Updated 28 Feb 2017
* BillionGraves Index; 20,464,539 indexed records with record images, Updated 27 Feb 2017
My friend, Marshall, has come up with a way to determine which collections are ADDED, DELETED or UPDATED. Thanks to Marshall for helping me out here!In order to select a specific collection, go to https://familysearch.org/search/collection/list and use the "Filter by collection name" feature in the upper left-hand corner.
Each one of the collections listed above has a Research Wiki page (use the "Learn more" link). It would be very useful if the Wiki page for each collection listed the dates for when the collection was added as a new collection and the dates for major updates also.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/03/added-or-updated-record-collections-at.html
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.