My criteria for "Best of ..." are pretty simple - I pick posts that advance knowledge about genealogy and family history, address current genealogy issues, provide personal family history, are funny or arepoignant. I don't list posts destined for daily blog prompts or meme submissions (but I do include summaries of them), or my own posts.
Here are my picks for great reads from the genealogy blogs for this past week:
* 17 Years of Research Being Flushed Down the Toilet by the writer of the Ancestry Insider blog.
* MILITARY MONDAY ~ Have you looked at the second page of your ancestor's World War II Draft Registration? It may contain physical characteristics of your ancestor by Diane Gould Hall on the Michigan Family Trails blog.
* It’s all about location, location, location! by Donna M. Moughty on the Donna's Irish Genealogy Resources blog.
* How They Do It: Michael Lacopo by Janine Adams on the Organize Your Family History blog.
* 18,000 FREE U.S. Historical Newspaper Links - First 2017 Update by Kenneth R. Marks on The Ancestor Hunt blog.
* Genealogy 101: #15 Marriage Record Alternatives by Gena Philibert-Ortega on the GenealogyBank Blog.
* Should You Use Ancestry.com Family Trees as Sources? by Ravenswick on the Ancestor Chase blog.
* The Archive Lady: Preserving Old Black Paper Photo Albums by Melissa Barker on the Geneabloggers blog.
* The Cousins You Meet Online by Lori Thornton on the Smoky Mountain Family Historian blog.
* 9 Timesaving Hacks for Ancestry, FamilySearch & Other Top Genealogy Websites by Diane Haddad on The Genealogy Insider blog.
* 5 More Things You Can Do in Genealogy When You’re Short on Time by Amy Johnson Crow on the Amy Johnson Crow blog.
* Top Ten Genealogy "Close Calls" by Heather Wiliinson Rojo on the Nutfield Genealogy blog.
* Are You Doing Everything to Identify Your Matches? by Blaine Bettinger on The Genetic Genealogist blog.
Here are pick posts by other geneabloggers this week:
* Friday Fossicking 10th March 2017 by Crissouli on the That Moment In Time blog.
* Friday's Family History Finds by Linda Stufflebean on the Empty Brsnches on the Family Tree blog.
* My High Fives by Dianne Nolin on the Genealogy: Beyond the BMD blog.
* Friday Finds: Week 10 - 2017 by Martin Roe on the Norwegian Genealogy and then some blog.
* Friday Finds 10 March 2017 by Nichelle Barra on the Copper Leaf Genealogy blog.
* This Week's Creme de la Creme -- March 11, 2017 by Gail Dever on the Genealogy a la Carte blog.
Readers are encouraged to go to the blogs listed above and read their articles, and add their blogs to your Favorites, Feedly, another RSS feed, or email if you like what you read. Please make a comment to them also - all bloggers appreciate feedback on what they write.
Did I miss a great genealogy blog post? Tell me! I am currently reading posts from over 1600 genealogy bloggers using Feedly, but I still miss quite a few it seems.
Read past Best of the Genea-Blogs posts here.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2017/03/best-of-genea-blogs-5-to-11-march-2017.html
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver
Please comment on this post on the website by clicking the URL above and then the "Comments" link at the bottom of each post. Share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Pinterest using the icons below. Or contact me by email at email@example.com.