The flyer above can be downloaded as a PDF file from here.
Look at the variety of classes and workshops (see times on the Calendar at http://gfo.org/who-we-are/calendar.html):
- March 18: DNA DAY 1: Comparing the Three Testing Companies; Basics of Y-DNA and mtDNA; atDNA Basics; Organizing Data & Contacting Matches; Discovering My Birth Family through DNA Testing
- March 19: DNA DAY 2: Convincing Family & Strangers to Test & Why; The Four Autosomal DNA Testing Companies; Examples of How Autosomal DNA Testing Solved Genealogical Problems; GEDmatch; DNA Q & A
- March 20: Start with the Census; Immigration & Naturalization; History of Railroads in the US; Ports & Shipping
- March 21: GFO Website & Catalog; Facebook 101; Facebook 102; Create a Blog
- March 22: Cemetery Research; FindaGrave.com; Intro to Photoshop Elements; Intro to Heritage Makers Books; GFO’s Resources
- March 23: Mexican History for Genealogists; Intro to Mexican Records; Intro to Probate Records; Intro to Military Records
- March 24: Genealogy Basics; Genealogy for Beginners & More; Using a Timeline; Organizing All That Stuff
- March 25: French Prairie; The French-Canadian Collection at the GFO; Membership Meeting; British Events Leading to Migration
- March 26: Ancestry.com; FindMyPast.com; OneStep Webpages of Stephen Morse; HistoryGeo.com; FamilySearch.org
My thanks to GFO for sending me this information.
Copyright (c) 2017, Randall J. Seaver