1) This is March, the month for Fearless Females posts, started by Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist blog - see her Fearless Females blogging prompts for 2017 at http://www.theaccidentalgenealogist.com/2017/02/fearless-females-blogging-prompts.html.
2) Answer this question for March 16 (I've changed it a bit): If you could have lunch with any female family member (living or dead), or any famous female, who would it be and why? Where would you go? What would you talk about?
a) WHO: I would choose my 3rd great-grandmother, Sophia (Buck) (Brigham) (Newton) Stone (1797-1882). She was the daughter of Isaac Buck (1757-1846) and Martha Phillips (1764-18??) of Holden and Sterling, Massachusetts. She married (1) Lambert Brigham (1794-1834) of Westborough, Mass., and they had two sons, Augustus Brigham (1820-1909) and Aurelius Brigham (1830-1878).
After Lambert Brigham died, she apparently married Thomas J. Newton (1800?-after 1835?), who was probably born in Maine. She had a daughter, Sophia Newton (1834?-1922) and a son, Thomas J. Newton (1836-1915) with this husband, apparently in Vermont.
By the 1850 U.S. Census she is residing in Northborough, Mass. with her daughter, Sophia Newton, who married Edward Hildreth (1831-1899) in 1852 in Northborough, Mass. In 1862, Sophia marries, thirdly, Jonathan Stone (1795-1868) in Westborough. Sophia died in 1882 in Westborough, Mass.
b) WHERE: I think I would go with her to the church in Sterling, Mass. where she married Lambert Brigham. We could sit in a quiet place in the garden, perhaps have a drink, and talk. We might go to a restaurant in Sterling for lunch.
c) WHY: I have so many questions about her life, especially the fathers of her two Newton children. But I would want to know all about:
* Her Buck family - her father was a Revolutionary War soldier, and they were very poor. What were her parents like? What was her childhood like? Where did they live? When did her mother die? Did she stay in touch with her siblings?
* Her Brigham family - she had two sons by her first husband, Lambert Brigham, who died in 1834. What was Lambert's occupation, what did he die of, how did she manage after he died?
* Her Newton family - she had two children, apparently by her second husband, Thomas J. Newton, probably in 1834 and 1836. What was his birth date and place, and who were his parents? When and where did she meet and marry Thomas? Where were Sophia and Thomas born? Were they really Thomas's children? Or was one or both a Brigham child? Why did they go to Vermont after their marriage? When did she return to the Westborough area with with her children? What happened to her two oldest Brigham sons after she married Thomas - did they go to Vermont and back, or did they stay with family in the Westborough area? What stories did she have of daughter Sophia's childhood and marriage to Edward Hildreth? Did she know and enjoy her grandchildren, including Harriet Hildreth (1857-1920)?
* Her Stone family - when did she meet Jonathan Stone, and why did she marry him? How did she support herself after he died in 1868?
There are so many questions, and so few answers.