I got a good look at the collection of papers, photos and other things when I was there for the service on May 4-5. I brought a few inches of stuff home in my suitcase, and my cousin kindly boxed up the rest of it and sent it out via UPS.
I spent part of Monday looking through it, and there are some treasures, including:
- Gerry kept a diary in 1934, 1935 and 1936 (when she was age 17, 18 and 19).
- Gerry kept a diary when she came to San Diego in July 1942 to attend my parents wedding.
- There is a photo album with many black and white small family photos, and then collections in envelopes for each of her sibling's families.
- There is her Master's thesis.
- She wrote "pomes" to celebrate notable family birthdays and anniversaries - the papers include rough drafts of several of them
- There is a gold case with tintype photos of a man and a woman. I have no clue who they are, and need a photo dating expert to help me out. I will post these photos soon.
- The death certificate and autopsy report of her mother, Alma Bessie (Richmond) Seaver, who died in 1962.
- The deed to the Seaver burial plot in Evergreen Cemetery in Leominster MA where Aunt Gerry now rests