* The National Genealogical Society Quarterly (NGSQ) - a quarterly peer-reviewed journal with genealogy research oriented articles.
* The NGS Magazine - a quarterly news magazine with society event news, research articles, and columns.
* UpFront with NGS - a FREE monthly email and online newsletter with NGS information about national, regional and local society news and events, and research articles.
The home page of the Society has been updated - it looks like this:
The References for Researching page is shown below:
The Members Only page looks like this:
The National Genealogical Society Quarterly (NGSQ) is online in PDF format from 2002. There is an online NGSQ Index (1912-2008) for all NGSQ issues - searchable by author name, article title, article category (choose Bible Records, Family History Writing Contest Winners, African-American Features, NGSQ Award of Excellence Winner, Reviews), or year indexed.
The Database offerings include:
* NGS Bible Records -- The NGS Bible Records collection is currently being indexed and digitized.
* NGS Member Ancestry Charts (MACs) -- The massive collection of family group sheets sent in by NGS members since the 1960s is being indexed and digitized.
The Research Resources include:
* Research Forums -
There are quite a few resources within each Research Forum - each of them has a Message Board, a Mailing List, a Research Guide and a Book List. There are no messages at this time on the Message Board. The Research Guides and Book Lists look to be well done and helpful (except the pages for Germany are not populated).
NGS has really improved their web site look and content. It seems easier for members to navigate than previously. The publications are first-rate - I look forward to receiving them.
If you want to read some issues of the NGSQ or NGS Magazine, you could visit a local public or genealogy library and see what is on the shelf.