My ancestral line back to Margriet Wieser is:
1. Randall J. Seaver
2. Frederick Walton Seaver (1911-1983)
3. Betty Virginia Carringer (1919-2002)
6. Lyle Lawrence Carringer (1891-1976)
7. Emily Kemp Auble (1899-1977)
14. Charles Auble (1849-1916)
15. Georgianna Kemp (1868-1952)
30. James Abram Kemp (1831-1902)
31. Mary Jane Sovereen (1840-1874)
62. Alexander Sovereign (1814-1907)
63. Eliza Putman (1820-1895)
126. John Putman (1785-1863)
127. Sarah Martin (1792-1860)
252. Peter Victorse Putman (1760-1835)
253. Sarah Mary Kinnan (1761-1841)
"In 1749, Victor and Margaret Potman lived in the Minisink Valley of the Delaware River, possibly on the New Jersey side above the Water Gap, across the river at Smithfield, Pennsylvania. Their three daughters were baptized at the Dutch Reformed Church of Smithfield, Pennsylvania which served both banks of the Delaware River."
So I'm looking for a Wies/Weis or Wieser/Weiser/Wiser, probably in northeastern Pennsylvania or northwestern New Jersey in the 1710 to 1750 time period.
I have done no original research on this family or the Wies/Wieser/Weiser/Wiser line.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2012/07/surname-saturday-wieser.html
Copyright(c) 2012, Randall J. Seaver