I have some real ancestral brick walls in New Hampshire, so I'm hoping that perusing these records will help me identify the parents of Hannah Smith (1767-1827) in Brookline, Hillsborough County, and help me identify Jerusha (--?--) Metcalf's maiden name and parents in Piermont, Grafton County, New Hampshire.
In this post, I'm going to try to find the birth record for Hannah Sawtell (born in Brookline in 1789 to Josiah and Hannah (Smith) Sawtell, one of my third great-grandmothers.
1) Here is the New Hampshire, Town Clerks, Vital and Town Records, 1636-1947 collection page:
This is a browse-only collection, so I clicked on the "Browse through 402,443 images" link./
2) The list of New Hampshire Counties in this database is listed:
3) Since Brookline is in Hillsborough county, I clicked on that county and saw the list of towns:
There are four sets of documents for this town.
5) I selected "Town Records, 1758-1907)" and the first image (out of 167 images) opened:
I browsed as bit away from this page.
6) On Image 13 (below, penned page 33) is the record for the birth of Hannah Sawtell:
Hannah Sawtell's birth record is in the right-hand page of the image, and it says:
"Hannah Sartell the daughter of Josiah Sartell
and Hannah his wife born November the 6th 1789"
A source citation for this record might be (using the RootsMagic 5 source template for "Website (with multiple databases):"
"New Hampshire Town Clerk, Vital and Town Records, 1636-1947," digital images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org: accessed 8 November 2012), Hillsborough County, Brookline Town, "Town Records, 1758-1907," Page 33 (penned), Hannah Sawtell birth entry, 6 November 1789; imaged from FHL US/CAN Film 15,354; citing New Hampshire Town Clerk Records.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2012/11/familysearch-has-new-hampshire-town.html
Copyright (c) 2012, Randall J. Seaver