Your mission this week, should you decide to accept it, is to:
1) Visit Beverly's Reeves, Reaves and More Rives blog post titled John A. and Nancy Reves Remembered. Note the acrostic poem made from the letters of their names. Isn't that cool?
2) Select one of your ancestors, and make a Name Acrostic for them. If you can write poems like these, please do it. If you're non-creative like me, then just list the letters of their name and write one word for each letter in the name that describes your selected person.
3) Show us your Name Acrostic on your own blog post, on a comment to this post, in a Facebook Status or a Google+ Stream post.
Thank you to Beverly for the great example, and to Denise Spurlock who gave me this idea for SNGF.
Some help: I found a good list of positive words at http://www.scribd.com/doc/4097251/A-to-Z-of-Positive-Words.
Here's mine, for my grandmother, Emily Kemp Auble:
* Encouraged friends and family
* Mellow and merciful
* Inviting as a hostess
* Loved learning and helping
* Yearned to please and help
* Kind to a fault
* Economical as a homemaker
* Mistress of good manners
* Patient and positive
* Accomplished at flower arranging
* Understanding and uplifting
* Beloved by all who knew her
* Loving as a wife, mother, grandmother
* Energized by Squirt!
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2013/06/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-create.html
copyright (c) 2012, Randall J. Seaver