Your mission, should you decide to accept it (cue the Mission Impossible! music) is to:
1) The Gould Genealogy blog, Genealogy & History News, has a month-long photo contest. You can see the idea and the rules for the contest at Genealogy + Selfie = #genealogyselfie.
2) The idea is to take a photograph of yourself (a "selfie") and some genealogy item of interest - your choice (a "genea-selfie"). It could be in an archive or repository, with a photograph or family artifact, or even with a genealogy friend. Then post your "genea-selfie" picture of you on Gould Genealogy's Facebook page, on their Google+ page, or send it to them via Twitter. And please remember to use the hashtag #genealogyselfie.
3) So take a genea-selfie, share it with us on your blog, on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter, and if you choose to enter the contest, share it with Gould Genealogy too.
I actually took several pictures, and I'm posting two of them here.
1) Here is a genea-selfie with my ten-generation chart of my father's ancestry, created back in 1994 by a friend of mine who was trying to start a calligraphy business:
2) Here is a genea-selfie with some of the photographs in our hallway:
You may recognize some of these artifacts from my blog posts. Or not. I'm wondering where all of the wrinkles in my face came from...and where all of the hair went. I guess when I smile or frown or take a picture. I'm not 25 years old any more! But not yet 71.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/04/saturday-night-genealogy-fun-your-genea.html
Copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver