* their son, #22 Henry Arnold White (1824-1885). who married #23 Amy Frances Oatley (1826-1864)
* their daughter, #11 Julia E. White (1848-1913) who married #10 Thomas Richmond (1848-1917)
1) PERSON (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Name: Miranda Wade
* Sex: Female
* Father: Simon Wade (1767-1857) 
* Mother: Phebe Horton (1772-1820)
* Alternate Name: Maranda White[3-4]
* Alternate Name: Miranda Wade White
2) INDIVIDUAL FACTS (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Birth: 25 June 1804, Foster, Providence, Rhode Island, United States
* Census: 1 June 1850 (age 45), Killingly, Windham, Connecticut, United States
* Mortality Census: 1 June 1850 (age 46), Killingly, Windham, Connecticut, United States
* Death: 27 August 1850 (age 46), of pleurisy; Killingly, Windham, Connecticut, United States
* Burial: after 27 August 1850 (after age 46), White-Chace Lot, Glocester, Providence, Rhode Island, United States
3) SPOUSE AND CHILDREN (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
* Spouse 1: Jonathan White (1805-1850)
* Marriage 1: about 1823 (about age 19), probably Foster, Providence, Rhode Island, United States
* Child 1: Henry Arnold White (1824-1885)
* Child 2: Albert Henry White (1827-1910)
* Child 3: Harriet A. White (1836- )
4) NOTES (with source citations as indicated in brackets):
Miranda Wade was the daughter of Simon Wade and Phebe Horton, residents of Foster, Providence County, Rhode Island. However, the 1850 U.S. census and 1850 Mortality Schedule say that she was born in Glocester, Rhode Island.
The book Genealogies and Family History of the State of Connecticut edited by William R. Cutter (published by Lewis Historical Publishing Company, New York, 1911), Volume IV, provides some information on this family on page 2125:
"(VI) Simon (3), son of Simon (2) Wade, was born November 22, 1767. He married, before 1790, Phebe Horton, born May 7, 1772, and lived at Foster. Children: James, born December 10, 1791; Catharine, October 12, 1793: Sarah, October 23, 1798; Arnold, June 26, 1800; Olive, September 23, 1802; Miranda, June 25, 1804; Fenner, March 30, 1807; Lawton, mentioned below."
The source for this information is probably Henry Lawton Wade, son of Lawton Wade and grandson of Simon Wade, who is the subject of this biographical sketch.
Miranda Wade married Jonathan White, in about 1823, probably in Foster, Rhode Island. Her oldest child, Henry Arnold White, was born in about 1824. Albert Henry White was born in 1827, and Harriet A. White in 1836.
Miranda's husband, Jonathan White, died on 19 April 1850 of "lung fever." His estate was probated on 27 April 1850 in which he named his wife "Maranda" and his three children.
In the 1850 US Census, the remnant of the Jonathan White family resided in Killingly township, Windham County, Connecticut. The household included (enumerated on 14 September 1850):
* Albert H. White - age 23, male, a farmer, $1200 in real property, born Gloucester RI
* Harriet A. White - age 14, female, born Gloucester RI
* Maranda White - age 46, female, born Gloucester RI
The 1850 U.S. Census Mortality Schedule entry for Maranda White has this information:
Name: Maranda White
Free or slave: [blank]
Married or widowed: [blank]
Place of birth: Gloucester R.I.
Month in which Person died: [blank]
Profession, Occupation or Trade: [blank]
Disease or Cause of Death: Pleurisy
Number of Days Ill: 7 weeks
Jonathan and Miranda White have gravestones in the "White-Chace Yard" in Glocester, Providence County, Rhode Island. The Find A Grave memorial for Miranda Wade White does not have a photograph of the gravestone, and says that she died 27 August 1850.
There is no probate record for Miranda (Wade) White in Killingly records.
1. William R. Cutter, et al (editors) Genealogies and Family History of the State of Connecticut: A Record of the Achievements of Her People in the Making of a Commonwealth and the Founding of a Nation, Volume IV (New York, N.Y. : Lewis Historical Publishing Company, 1911), in "Wade" sketch, page 2125, Miranda Wade birth.
2. Ruth Wilder Sherman, "Some Descendants of Jonathan White of Dartmouth MA and of Humphrey White of Glocester RI," The American Genealogist, Volume 56, Pages 113-118, page 116.
3. "United States Census, 1850 (Mortality Schedule)", Windham county, Connecticut, Killingly, Page 92 (stamped), line 34, Maranda White entry; indexed database and digital image, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org), FHL Microfilm US/CAN 234536, citing National Archives Microfilm Publication T655.
4. 1850 United States Federal Census, Windham County, Connecticut, population schedule, Killingly town; Page 351, dwelling #444, family #492, Albert H. White household; digital image, Ancestry.com (http://www.ancestry.com); citing National Archives Microfilm Publication M432, Roll 51.
5. Jim Tipton, indexed database, Find A Grave (http://www.findagrave.com), White-Chace Lot (Glocester, R.I.), Miranda Wade White entry.
The URL for this post is: http://www.geneamusings.com/2014/09/52-ancestors-in-52-weeks-week-38-45.html
Copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver